Most individuals discover the method of getting ready their immigration legislation case to be very troublesome and at greatest nerve-racking. To assist make the state of affairs rather less traumatic, I’ve created a fundamental guidelines of immigration associated paperwork that any skilled immigration legislation legal professional will ask you for when beginning your immigration case. This guidelines of fundamental paperwork also needs to be utilized by people who’re submitting their very own immigration case.
For Immigrants or these hoping to Immigrate to the US:
1. Your passport together with present non-expired passport and any outdated passports, if attainable hold the outdated passport when renewing it. Should you should present your outdated passport to get a newly issued one, then make a duplicate of the expired passport together with the biographic web page and any stamped pages confirming your journey, to maintain with you in case you want it in a while.
2. Your I-94 card or I-94W card. The I-94 card is on a white card that should be accomplished by you earlier than entry into the US. The I-94W (additionally known as visa waiver) is a card that appears just like the I-94 card however it’s inexperienced in shade. Every member of the family ought to have their very own card.
*It is very important notice that beneath US immigration legislation, the expiration date on the I-94 or I-94W card is what controls how lengthy you possibly can keep within the US with out requiring an extension or violating your visa keep within the US. Some immigrants suppose that as a result of they’ve a visa web page of their passport that states that they’ve a 5 yr or 10 yr visa, that they’ll stay within the US throughout that complete time with out departing or requiring visa extensions or change of standing. That is incorrect and can trigger you to fall out of standing.
*Additionally, please notice that the I-94 or I-94W card is EXTREMELY vital. You must make copies of the cardboard (back and front) and hold the unique in a secure place. You won’t be able to get a inexperienced card, fiancee visa, work visa, or every other visa within the US with out proof of authorized entry, which comes within the type of the I-94 or I-94W card.
3. Beginning Certificates within the authentic native language and fix a correct translation with right translator’s certificates, signature, and so forth. You must convey your Unique start certificates with you. You must NOT file the unique with immigration, as solely a duplicate is required, however hold the unique start certificates in a secure place in case immigration needs to see the unique.
4. If married, then a wedding certificates with translation. Once more, you need to convey your authentic marriage certificates with you. File solely a duplicate with USCIS and convey the unique to the interview with you. Should you get married within the US and don’t have a duplicate or licensed copy of the wedding license, you possibly can get hold of an authorized copy at www.USA.gov. The precise hyperlink is http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Subjects/Family_Issues/Vital_Docs.shtml.
5. In case your nation points these, a household certificates that lists you, your partner and all youngsters (if relevant to you).
6. Divorce Certificates(s) if relevant with translation, or dying certificates and English translation if partner is deceased. Once more, convey the unique with you however file solely a duplicate with USCIS.
7. Beginning certificates and passports for every youngster and partner. Beginning certificates should all be translated as defined above in merchandise #3. These are wanted to verify precise id of every individual, their precise identify spelling, and so forth. As a result of USCIS will depend on the spelling on the Beginning Certificates as a substitute of the individual’s passport, you need to ensure that the interpretation is right as to the precise spelling of every individual’s identify.
8. If coming in on a B-1 enterprise customer visa, then convey with you your private or firm checking account out of your native nation, any proof of possession of a enterprise in your native nation (if relevant), any skilled organizations you belong to, and a CV (i.e. resume). This info shall be helpful in case you plan on submitting an investor visa right here within the US or different kind of labor visa, similar to opening a enterprise within the US just like the one abroad.
9. Should you maintain a bachelor’s diploma out of your international nation, convey the precise school diploma (copy is OK) and transcripts of lessons accomplished out of your college. This info shall be wanted in case you determine to use for an H-1B visa or different kind of labor visa.
10. If you’re already residing within the US and also you file US revenue taxes, hold copies of yearly that you just file taxes. A replica could be obtained from IRS straight in case you didn’t already hold copies.
I hope that the above fundamental guidelines will assist you to in gathering your fundamental paperwork wanted to file any US immigration legislation case. Please notice that for particular case varieties, similar to fiancee visas, work visas, marriage inexperienced card instances, and so forth., further paperwork shall be wanted. A hyperlink has been supplied beneath the place yow will discover extra info on a particular case kind.
Source by Lena Korial-Yonan, Esq.
Leave a Reply