On December 31, 2020, President Trump prolonged visa ban which suspended the issuance of many classes of momentary work visas for individuals outdoors the U.S.
The visa ban doesn’t have an effect on individuals who apply inside the USA for extensions of keep, adjustments of standing or adjustment of standing.
In his unique proclamation, President Trump acknowledged:
“Underneath peculiar circumstances, correctly administered momentary employee packages can present advantages to the financial system. However below the extraordinary circumstances of the financial contraction ensuing from the COVID-19 outbreak, sure visa packages authorizing such employment pose an uncommon risk to the employment of American staff.”
Nevertheless, different individuals have been harshly crucial of the proclamation. David Bier of the Libertarian Cato Institute responded:
“This order is economically baseless. It can damage the restoration and U.S. staff. Overseas staff create demand for different higher jobs for U.S. staff elsewhere within the financial system. Limiting migration won’t decrease unemployment, however it can hurt American companies — which might be struggling to make it by means of this era — who make use of each Individuals and immigrants.”
April 22, 2020 Visa Ban Prolonged – Which Visas are Topic to the Ban?
- Immigrant visas for fogeys, grownup little children, and siblings of US residents;
- Immigrant visas for spouses and kids of lawful everlasting residents;
- Immigrant visas below the range visa lottery; and
- Immigrant visas within the employment-based classes.
April 22, 2020 Visa Ban Prolonged – Who’s Exempt from the Ban?
- Inexperienced card holders;
- Spouses and kids of U.S. residents;
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their spouses and kids;
- Individuals making use of for inexperienced playing cards below the EB-5 investor program;
- Individuals who would additional vital U.S. legislation enforcement targets;
- Individuals whose entry could be within the nationwide curiosity;
- Individuals who qualify for particular immigrant visas as Afghan/Iraqi translators/interpreters or U.S. authorities workers;
- An individual in search of an immigrant visa as a doctor, nurse or different healthcare skilled; to carry out analysis supposed to fight the unfold of COVID-19; or to carry out work important to combatting, recovering from, or in any other case assuaging the consequences of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Visa Ban Expanded on June 24, 2020 to Embody
Who’s Exempt from the Expanded Visa Ban?
- Inexperienced card holders;
- Spouses and single, minor youngsters of U.S. residents;
- Overseas nationals current within the US on June 24, 2020;
- Overseas nationals overseas who’ve legitimate visas, advance parole or different U.S. journey permits;
- Individuals with J-1 standing who aren’t in one of many banned classes (See above);
- Canadian residents can enter the U.S. in H-1B, H-2B, J and L standing as can their spouses and kids since they’re visa exempt;
- Residents of Chile and Singapore can enter the U.S. with H-1B1 visas;
- Individuals in search of to enter the U.S. to offer momentary labor or companies important to the U.S. meals provide chain; and
- Individuals whose entry could be within the nationwide curiosity as decided by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of the Division of Homeland Safety or their respective designees. This contains individuals who’re crucial to the protection, legislation enforcement, diplomacy, or nationwide safety of the U.S.; are concerned with the supply of medical care to people who’ve contracted COVID-19 and are at the moment hospitalized; are concerned with the supply of medical analysis at U.S. amenities to assist fight COVID-19; or are essential to facilitate the instant and continued financial restoration of the U.S.
Visa Ban Information
Authorized Guru in All Issues Immigration
“Mr. Shusterman and his legislation agency have represented my household and me very efficiently. He isn’t solely a authorized guru in all issues immigration however much more so he’s an distinctive human being as a result of he empathizes together with his purchasers and cares that justice is completed.”
– Maria Davari Knapp, Chicago, Illinois
Learn Extra Critiques
Zoom Consultations Obtainable!
Leave a Reply